Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Luxury. Yeah, I can get behind that.

So, on Monday the Jazz played the Indiana Pacers. Nothing unusual about that you say, but you would be wrong. My Dad had been gifted by his company with a couple tickets to their luxury box. Being the only sibling that really follows non-soccer sports, I got the nod.

Wow.

So, we got their and hung our coats up in the private luxury box closet, next to the private luxury box bathroom (that, creepily enough, had a mirror that covered the entire wall you faced while standing up to pee, so, yeah, that was a little wierd).

We then proceeded to feast on appetizers (I came straight from work, so was a bit hungry by this point, 7pm), they had chips and guac, shrimp cocktail, fried shrimp, some sort of asian salad, and hand munchies, like party mix and nuts, and m&ms. Got myself a drink out of the fully stocked fridge, and started watching the starting lineup, etc.. The game started, and our personal chef came in (you read that right). You could then go up to him and direct him in making a personal serving of stirfry, which was quite tasty. I took my plate and went to sit on my well padded luxury box seat to watch the game. Okur played awesome, which is good because he is on my fantasy basketball team, and the first half was great, food in hand that was free, comfortable padded seat, etc.. Then came halftime.

A nice young woman came in and announced that the dessert cart was here, if we would like to come out and select something. There was tiramisu (which I personally find repellent), tarts, pastries, cheesecake with fresh blueberries, chocolate mousse cake, key lime pie, and the biggest slices of carrot cake ever. I love carrot cake, so I went that route. A couple more bottles of ice cold water from the fridge as I sat in the second half eating my carrot cake on my well padded seat completed the evening as the Jazz went on to win the game.

On top of all of this, Will had given me a hint on the greatest parking spot ever which got us out of the game and home in like 35 minutes.

Thanks Dad, you're awesome.

I'll never be able to satisfactorily watch a Jazz game again.

1 comment:

letterman said...

So much for being hungry in the New Year.

So L-3 must not be participating in the recession either. But aren't they worried about the Dems cutting defense spending?