Monday, May 5, 2008

Bacon

Okay, I'll admit, its an odd heading. But, I just had some thoughts about bacon, and heck, this is my blog so deal with it. The thoughts were actually brought about by this comic. Many of you have probably seen the recent taco bell, or whatever, commercial where the girl takes a bacon chalupa into a night club to attract men. Its hilarious, in my opinion. Mostly because its true. Bacon makes everything better. Bacon may be the best smell around. Bacon is the unimpeachable argument for the fact that fat is what gives meat its wonderful flavor.

Bacon is a slab of pig fat.

I say that for only one reason, to prove how good bacon is, because even if that phrase grosses you out, it won't matter, you'll still eat bacon the next time you have the chance, its just that good.

Mmmmm....bacon.

4 comments:

letterman said...

The USDA defines bacon as "the cured belly of a swine carcass". It is a slab of something that includes a lot of pig fat. But there are two highly significant things that keep it from being "a slab of pig fat": the meaty parts, and that word "cured".

There do exist certain ethnic cuisines that include actual slabs of pig fat. Dude, that ain't bacon.

Mmmmm...bacon.

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm...bacon

Breanne Grover said...

I couldn't agree more, not about the attracting the guy in the club bit, but about how wonderful bacon is. But, I only like it extra crispy. No flabby bacon for me.

RealFruitBeverage said...

Actually I don't like bacon all that much anymore. I'm still a fan of sausage, but bacon not so much.