Saturday, November 29, 2008

Update: What I been watching.

So, I have seen several movies lately, not all of them new, but definitely some good ones.

Philidelphia: *** 1/2 I've seen this movie a couple times, but Alisa hadn't ever seen it, got it off of my DVR, and watched it this week. Almost anything with either Denzel Washington or Tom Hanks is going to be good, put them both in this, and it was fantastic.

On the Waterfront: ** 1/2 Also off the DVR. Wanted to see it because it is considered a classic. It was good. It has solidified in my mind the position that Marlon Brando is overrated. He is good, but I haven't seen him in anything that was great except for The Godfather, and that is really Pacino's movie.

The Chronicles of Riddick: ** (or *** 1/2 on the aweseomely bad scale). This movie has two different reviews. It could have been so much better, had they just had a writer involved. On the other hand, for awesomely bad movies, it rocks. Vin Diesel is the king of awesomely bad.

Quantum of Solace: *** 1/2 This movie was pretty awesome. I have heard some haters bagging on it, but it was pretty good. Ten times better than any of the old bond movies, which I hate. Daniel Craig is actually a bond that you feel could beat you up, unlike Timothy Dalton, who I think if he threatened me as a super villain, my only real chance of dying would be laughing myself to death.

No comments: