Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Prop 8

I haven't really posted about this. Its volatile, and from what I have seen, there hasn't been a calm discussion about it, unless all the parties are in agreement. So, not really wanting to get into a debate/discussion, but willing if someone else wants to go there, I thought I would post this link. I was emailed this article, and thought it was incredibly good. It was written by a police detective of some 30 years in LA, and its talking about the campaign, and the protests in his precinct around the temple afterwards.

Here is the article.

After reading his post, I can't help but think that this exact situation may have been the reason for the conference talk in October about how we as a church, and as members should respond to attacks.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Fantastic article. He is absolutely right. It has been very frustrating being out here in California where our neighbors have called US discriminators, bigots, and intolerant. Aren't we glad for our faith and eternal perspective?!