Monday, September 8, 2008

I........Am....Very.....Excited.

Okay, so as a previous post said, I have enjoyed the tour de France in the past, but haven't been able to get into it for a while. But, Thomas just clued me in to this story.

I hope its true, I don't care what people say about people coming out of retirement, if this happens, I will get up at 5am to watch races again. I will watch 2 hour long bike races, with wild anticipation of how it will end. I will enjoy the tour tremendously.

Astana is an interesting pick, that team is full of big names, if they all ride, I can't imagine another team even competing, the competition this year seemed really weak sauce.

And yes, I know, there are lots of people who think he's a doper, and have all their reasons, and well thought out arguments (no I don't just mean Thomas, lots of people think it.) Thats why I included the following, great commercial.


3 comments:

Alisa said...

I am so excited. Astana? They weren't even allowed to compete this year. Love the clip. I think it's awsome.

Thomas said...

Nice commercial. It's well made. It still doesn't sway me (I know you know) to think he isn't a doper, as much as I want to believe otherwise. The circumstantial evidence in sport, especially cycling, is too great in my mind. There is no smoking gun, and at least in this country, he is innocent until proven guilty. Anyway, that is all a different topic. I will be right there with you if he does come back. The latest news (5:18 pm) is Astana saying he's not coming back with them. Stay tuned ...

Breanne Grover said...

I might need to get cable for this. I love the Tour. I met some French men at the pool today, maybe it was a good sign for the Tour this year!