Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Football Weekend

You may think nothing exciting is going on this weekend, since BYU has a bye, but you would be wrong. TCU is going into Norman, Oklahoma (where they have won two in a row). TCU winning this game would be the biggest win bar none for the MWC this regular season. It would catapult TCU up to at the very least, the top 15. And, should BYU beat TCU, make our bid for a BCS bowl that much stronger. I, for one, am very excited for that game. Go Hornfrogs.

Utah is playing Weber State. Now, I even went to WSU, and I think this is the worst possible homecoming game ever. Why not invite Skyline high up to play...I mean really. This is stupid. There is no reason that Utah should ever play Weber State.

Oh, and I was looking into tickets for the BYU game next weekend....YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME, the cheapest seats in Logan are 30 bucks. Explain to me how Utah State has the gall to charge more for their cheapest seats (as an uber craptastic football program), then BYU does for its cheapest seats. Seriously.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

2 things:

1) If TCU beats Oklahoma, I'll eat my hat...and yours. Not. Going. To. Happen.

2) Do you not remember BYU playing Northern Iowa in Week 1? Apparently it's only stupid if Utah plays a 1-AA school. For the record, I'm physically incapable of rooting for Utah...I find myself hoping for a WSU miracle.

Okay, three things.

3) Don't be so hard on USU...their football team loses money all over the place. If you don't pay those ticket prices, they won't get to play at all.

Tiffany said...

It isn't that you aren't right about the ticket prices, but I had to laugh a little. College football here is UVA. When they play Virginia Tech, it is HUGE, and the cheapest tickets will go for more than $30 I am sure.

Dan said...

A few things in response.

1) It could totally happen, TCU is 2 for 2 the last two trips to Norman. OK hasn't played anyone good. (don't get me wrong, I'm not saying they aren't stellar, they are one of only two teams that I would be afraid for BYU to play right now). TCU has a very good defense, and nothing to lose.

2) Yeah, I know BYU played N Iowa, I would rather they didn't do that as well. If you are actually hoping for WSU, you aren't a very good/smart BYU fan.

3) I can't help but be hard on USU, I have heard for years from Delose how the school I graduated from wasn't a real university, while he praised USU, anytime I can bag on them, I will.

Dan said...

But Tiffany, there is one big difference. Virginia, and Virginia Tech are both fairly respectable programs year in and year out. Thats more like the BYU Utah game.

Tiffany said...

Too true. Too true. Seriously though, you should see what season tickets in decent seats go for here. You should see what some people WEAR to watch a football game.

Breanne Grover said...

For all you upset non-believers. Let me call to your recent attention USC and Oregon State. Go Hornfrogs.

Unknown said...

Hate to say I told you so. But, I did.

RealFruitBeverage said...

Oklahoma beating TCU is an I told you so? Bryan will not post a blog in the next 24 hours.

On the up side BYU and Utah both climbed in the polls. I would just like to state, Al Davis.

Dan said...

Jimmy, I don't know why you would reference an ex. That makes no sense. I have no ties to Al Davis.

On the other hand BYU is ranked #7 and #8 respectively.