Monday, October 27, 2008

Some awesome things

So, I am going to have more of a list post here, rather than several little short ones. Its a bit of a change up, but there were several things I wanted to blog about.

Trains: First off. I love trains (not the real ones, I'm talking toys here). I always wanted a train, and never got one as a kid. Alisa rectified that a few christmas' ago. It was, of course, a rather cheap one, as I didn't have a real job yet, and nice model trains are expensive. Nevertheless, it is a really cool train. I get it out now and again, and play with it. Hyrum and Cora both got me to set it up this weekend, like I said, it isn't fancy, but we put it together, and set it to going. Needless to say, there were three childish grins watching that little toy train going around the track for a substantial amount of time. I will eventually get nicer ones, but that will always be my first train. Thanks Alisa, you rule.

Real Salt Lake. So, after a crap filled game on Saturday, with a last second goal, our soccer team is headed to its first ever playoff appearance. This saturday at Rio Tinto, be there, or be like Bryan.

Movies. So, I saw a couple of movies this last week or so. The first was The Incredible Hulk with Ed Norton. I missed it in the theater, and have wanted to see it. Luckily, Katie and the Hamburgler brought it over on Friday night and we watched it. It was really quite good, and it gave me yet another teaser glimpse at what is coming, i.e. The Avengers.

So, The Incredible Hulk ***

Then, on Saturday night, while I was missing a party at Amelia and Breanne's, I laid on the couch and watched Constantine. I am sure that many of you have no idea what that movie is. Here's the trailer. Now, I remember when this one came out, I thought it looked cool, saw that it was R, and didn't waste much more time on it. But this weekend it was on cable, and I caught it. It was actually really cool. I know I'm going to be spitting right in Bryan's cheerios, but I thought it was much cooler than Hellboy, which had at least a somewhat similar idea (fighting demons, etc., etc.).

1 comment:

RealFruitBeverage said...

Yeah I agree about the hell boy thing. Hell Boy basicly sucks now that I look back on it.