Friday, October 10, 2008

Rio Tinto Stadium

So, last night was the home opener of Real Salt Lake's new stadium. I wish I could find a good picture, or that I had taken one myself, to give you an idea of what it was like coming in. The whole group of us went down there last night. Luckily, Will suggested that we go around the stadium and come in from the NW, which is right about where our tickets are. So we walked up the grand staircase, and when I came up over the top, I was starring lengthwise down the field, it was awesome. I felt like I was walking into some stadium in England, or Germany where they know how to watch soccer. The stadium couldn't be cooler, it was dark with the bright lights and the two great white overhangs, it was sweet. Our season tickets are like 6 rows up, about 2/3rds of the way between the goal and the corner flag along the NW baseline.

While the game left a little to be desired, would have liked a win, it was an incredible experience, and several of us were as giddy as school girls.

We have a stadium, and I own a seat in it.

6 comments:

RealFruitBeverage said...

Well now that you've moved on to your new "friend" and heck you've even moved into her house, your ex just got punished. Oh and I know you've been watching all the Al Davis insanity lately.

Unknown said...

That sounds great. Of course, I bet your excitement over the stadium dissipated once you realized that you were there to watch a soccer game, instead of something cool.

Dan said...

Ha Ha Ha. Typical.

RealFruitBeverage said...

Hey you have to take Bryan seriously, HE PLAYED HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL!!!!

Karen said...

I'll take Bryan seriously when he grows some brains. And if he ever grows some brains, I'll eat my hat and become a nun- never to think of hoopskirts or sparkles again.

In other words: NEVER.

RealFruitBeverage said...

Oh come on Karen you can't get upset just because the Real should haved named themselves the Salt Lake City Quorum, but hey now they will just have to suck, forever. Go Galaxy!