Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Shout out to Brett Favre

Green Bay has never been my favorite team. In fact, I remember as a kid the teams you never wanted to be (as you played schoolyard football), were the Packers, the Patriots, and Tampa Bay. (oddly all three of those have won a super bowl in my lifetime, and yet the Raiders continue to be the trainwreck that makes me weep.)

Anyway. Whether or not I have been a cheese head, I have always liked Brett Favre, that guy is exactly what you would want as a fan playing on your team. He's tough, and he genuinely loves playing the game. He acts like what you would expect if some kid got magically turned into an adult that plays pro football. He may not be the best, but he will continue to be my favorite quarterback to ever play the game for a long long time.

He's retiring, its probably a good call. I'm glad he had a successful final season.

1 comment:

RealFruitBeverage said...

Screw that, he's a quiter and nobody likes a quiter. I wouldn't be happy unless he retired with a Super Bowl vic. I want him to play for purely selfish reasons.