Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pride

So, I think in his being incredibly naughty, my son Hyrum gave my Dad a greater surge of pride than any of us ever did in our obedience. So, yesterday we left our kids at my parents for an hour or so while Alisa and I ran to Target. When we came back we were just in time to catch the tail end of his being in trouble. Apparently, he crawled under the piano and found a complex system of pegs, springs, levers, etc. that I didn't even know where there. Well, as Hyrum is wont to do, he messed with it, and took it completely apart. This resulted in all the pedals falling off. It took my Dad a while to get it all put back together again. Anyway, the result was my Dad saying that Hyrum would have to be an engineer. He then said we needed to get Hyrum an erector set, lincoln logs, tinker toys, et. al.. I think my Dad is hoping for an engineer in the second generation, since none of us turned out to be one.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Evil Genius!

Taylor said...

On our recent cabin trip I tore jodi's blow dryer apart trying to figure out why it stopped working. It was neat to see how it worked. Somebody turned off the generator apparently.

A word of warning though- My dad bought me an electronics kit and a second hand microscope when I was a kid and look how I turned out. All that science comes at a high social skills price;)

Breanne Grover said...

This is great. I could see him doing this and I can picture his face when he was caught--so cute you can't do anything to him!