Thursday, April 24, 2008

Qwest vs. Comcast

Many of you have already heard this, but this is were I put such rants, so deal with it.

Alisa and I moved recently, about two months ago. We had Qwest previously, and just transferred our number to the new house, and added 'high-speed' internet to our package. Well, I'll short story it for you. The service was horrible, the modem was delivered to our 'side door' which for UPS apparently means stuffed under our garbage can lid on the side of the house. I spent literally hours on the phone with Qwest customer service and in the end basically was left with, sorry, sounds like your problem not ours.

I now have Comcast. No, I don't get commision for this post, but I love it. Our phone is much much better now. My internet went from clocking at 250-500kbps to over 3000kbps. And, I got cable. The comcast guy who came and installed our stuff was very nice to Alisa, and even went so far as to fix the giant mess of phone wires in our laundry room that had been left by Bob Vila's home improvements. The following evening Comcast support called me and walked me through all the aspects of my new phone and internet services.

The difference is night and day, not only in the quality of the product, but in the quality (and actual existance) of customer relations.

I love my comcast.

3 comments:

letterman said...

When I got my DSL through Qwest, I never spoke to anyone there. My ISP handled the whole thing. Even when I found the IP address hadn't been set up correctly, a quick call to my ISP fixed everything. I do know how bad Qwest's phone bill CSRs suck, though.

The higher speed would be nice, but I don't want to pay for TV. And I really don't want to give up my awesome ISP.

Winterwaves said...

This is a year late, but who is your awesome ISP? I'd like to know because I'm mulling over options right now. Thanks.

Golda said...

MY awsome ISP is ecentral.com. The whole reason I don't leave Qwest. You get real people who actually answer the phone and they are genius at figuring out how to help you. For a nominal fee they will act as the go-between so you never have to talk to Qwest (worth it by any stretch).