Sunday, April 8, 2012

New book challenge.

So, I have decided to try a challenge to read all of the novels on a top 100 list sent to me by a friend. I will be reading the ones that I haven't previously read, and then rating all of the books after I finish them. The promise I've made to myself is that I will finish all of them, even if I would rather dig my own eyes out with a melon baller. I will, however, reserve the right to skip a book for content. As such, I'm already planning on skipping #6 on the list, "Lolita". I plan on writing a quick review for each book, including what my thoughts, opinions of it were prior to reading, if I had any, and what I thought afterwards.

Feel free to disagree, or post your own thoughts on the book if you've read it.

#1 on the list is The Great Gatsby, I've already read it, so my first book would be the #2 on the list, The Catcher in the Rye.

1 comment:

letterman said...

You've inspired me to try something similar. I didn't get a list from someone else; I just went through my e-reader and wrote down titles that other people have called significant. You even got me to add The Great Gatsby and Wuthering Heights to the list at the last minute, both of which I was supposed to read in high school but never did. I ended up with 62 titles. Then I had my computer scramble the list in random order. I'm starting with Ficciones, by Jorge Luis Borges. I wish you luck.