Thursday, June 4, 2009

Already getting excited.

Granted, all these guys are still seniors this next year, but its always exciting to see future good news. ESPN story here.

The top QB prospect in the country decided to commit to BYU, with him came one of the top WR prospects (decommitted from Texas, committed to BYU), and a top linebacker from California.

For those who are BYU football fans, its always good news to get the big name Mormon recruits (no all you BYU haters, not because they 'should' come to BYU, but if we can't get big name recruits with the BYU/mormon thing going for us, how are we ever going to get big name non-mormons.)

And, as I always do, I hope these guys choose missions, I'd rather wait an extra two years to see them succeed on the field.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The mission thing is a conundrum for me...especially with quarterbacks. Usually, when there's a highly-touted QB recruit, he gets worse when he goes on a mission. See: Ben Olson, Paul Shoemaker. That's not a rule, mind you, just a slight trend.

Just sayin'.

Dan said...

Didn't John Beck go on a mission?

Anyway, in the big scheme of things, I'd rather see them go on a mission, I don't cater to the Steve Young school of 'my mission was playing football'.